5.11.2010

Sidebar

There has been some stuff going on in recent weeks in this country that I find troubling. Unless you live under a rock, you know what's going on in Arizona and you heard about the attempted car bomb in Times Square a couple weekends back.

I'm not going to comment specifically on any of this, because I don't intend for this blog to be a political forum. But I will say this:

I can see the Statue of Liberty from our bedroom window. Every morning I get up and there she is, one of the most stunning and inspirational backdrops you could imagine. Today it's mostly cloudy, so she's raising her arm against the dull, gray sky--and that doesn't make it anything less than spectacular.

Maybe I'm luckier than most that I have this daily reminder. But it doesn't give anyone else the excuse to forget--even if they're halfway across the country--what she stands for.

No comments:

Post a Comment